Room 2 - Level 3
09:00 - 17:00
Mastering Test-Driven Development (TDD) in C#
"Test-Driven Development changed the way I write code." That's a quote you recognize if you have been around TDD practitioners. They like to brag about TDD benefits such as fewer bugs, productivity gains, code easier to maintain, stress-free developer life, abnormal level of confidence in code.
It sounds too good to be true. However, few practices have the label "Transformational" used as often as TDD.
If TDD is so good, why is it not widely adopted?
Even though TDD is a simple concept, it is hard to master.
But don't worry about that. This workshop will take you there.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the steps involved during a TDD session.
- Drive the development using automated tests.
- Discover improved confidence and increase in development speed by writing tests first!
- Use refactoring techniques to improve code safely.
- Write long-lasting tests resilient to changes.
- Address the challenges of applying TDD in the context of a Team.
- Confidently evolve and maintain legacy applications using TDD.
All using C# and your favourite tools.
While the course is hands-on and interactive, you will also learn the TDD foundations.
This workshop is for a C# Software Developer who wants to set up his skills. If you identify with that, as far as you have basic knowledge of C# .NET and Testing, you are ready for this workshop.
You can expect two days of hands-on and collaboration moments.
I'm a strong believer you should learn using your favourite day-to-day tools. So, in this workshop, you only need:
- Your favourite IDE
- .NET 7
- Docker (no need for Kubernetes)
I risk saying that at the end of this, you might become test-addicted.